display values based on selected

Obodo

In my database table, i have a field for price and quantity. Is there a way I could use a select to get 2 values from the database? What I mean is I will create a select field where when I select wholesale it will bring out the price and quantity and if I select retail, it will bring the price and the quantity. 

The select field should identify the row in the table - not the values in it. So if your "wholesale" row has ID #123 with price 100 and quantity 3, your select would say <option value="123">. You then take that ID and look it up in your database table to get the price and quantity.

Why? Because a smart user can change the data in the select to be anything they want, which means I could choose quantity 10000 and price 0.01 if I wanted.
"Can't you also change the ID 123 too?" Yes. And you can protect yourself against that far more easily than you can protect against a bad quantity or price.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.