Need help setting up phpmyadmin

Markus1954

HI, 

If any of you remember me I have a new book on php. It uses phpmyadmin. I have created a folder htdocs/php admin/. I tried using loclahost/php admin/setup/config.php. Here is what I get: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require the following PHP extensions to be installed: mysqli, openssl. OK so how do I set these dependencies to on? I went to php.ini and removed the ;

Edited by Markus1954

Don't create directories with spaces in the names, unless you want to deal with the ramifications of having to urlencode any path that includes them, and possibly deal with other issues if you need to pass a file path as a parameter.  Keep in mind how many tools look for whitespace between words when looking for options.  It's just a bad idea.

In what environment are you running php?  (Docker/Mac/Windows/Linux?).

phpmyadmin is just a php application.   Check a phpinfo(), or from the command line run php -i  and see if those extensions are available/enabled.  Mysqli, in particular has to be installed. 

With that said, there seems to be some confusion, because on one hand you are talking about running a phpMyAdmin installation, and then you are providing errors by the command line tool composer.

Are you running composer in order to install something? 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.