Combine internal and external POST?

groston

I have created a simple web site that is used to enter data into a database. Each page essentially has:

<form role="form"  method="post"> ... </form>

The site works without issue. However, I want to add to the form the ability to upload an image file. I wrote a small test page that does this and it works without issue. However, the problem is this: The test page has the following:

<form action="fileUploadScript.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

The first <form> uses code on the page itself to do the database insertion, whereas the second <form> uses an external php file to upload the file.

In terms of executing the code, I suspect that I could make this work with two mouse clicks: one to upload the file and the other to enter the data. Is there a way to achieve this with one mouse click? Note that there are a dozen fields or so, and identifying all of them to have the external php file handle them might be a pain...

Thanks.

Edited by groston
removed blank line and unneeded quote

• groston changed the title to Combine internal and external POST?
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.