AC, WP, GA integration help

Shadawayo

I have a customer, using a WP website.
They are currently using Google Tag Manager for the tracking code (active campaign) on the website rather than the recommended script. This is not working, the analytics are not being populated.

They can;t add the global site tag because it interferes with the dataLayer.

Is there a way to customise the scrip that they are currently using?

The customer has Google Analytics already installed on the current AAF website https://affordableartfair.com/ (published via Google Tag Manager).

They have said that it won't be possible to add the Gtag (global site tag) tracking as it interferes with the data on the page (dataLayer) and can cause major issues / may well not work as expected.

As such we'll need to publish the Active Campaign scripts via a Custom HTML code tag OR a built in template.  This is what we have on the AAF website at present: * image attached 0?ui=2&ik=d9811a3129&attid=0.1&permmsgid

On AC Directly is this tracking code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    (function(e,t,o,n,p,r,i){e.visitorGlobalObjectAlias=n;e[e.visitorGlobalObjectAlias]=e[e.visitorGlobalObjectAlias]||function(){(e[e.visitorGlobalObjectAlias].q=e[e.visitorGlobalObjectAlias].q||[]).push(arguments)};e[e.visitorGlobalObjectAlias].l=(new Date).getTime();r=t.createElement("script");r.src=o;r.async=true;i=t.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];i.parentNode.insertBefore(r,i)})(window,document,"https://diffuser-cdn.app-us1.com/diffuser/diffuser.js","vgo");
    vgo('setAccount', '223643323');
    vgo('setTrackByDefault', true);

vgo('process');
</script>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.