Post Scheduling with POSIX

CodingCrazy42

So about week ago, I was given an unique problem to try to diagnose and fix. My client has a blog that they run through PHP code, using POSIX. It has a date implementation feature that uses "blog_posix_start", followed by a long string of specific date and time integers, formatted as day/month/year/hour and so on. However, from what I have found so far, the code seems to convert the raw data of the number of seconds from the UNIX Epoch Start Time into the format mentioned above. 

This is where the question lies. Is it possible to set a time for the blog ahead of the time of its writing, and then have it automatically post itself when the "blog_posix_start" variable matches the actual UNIX time? This would be used by my client to write a backlog of blogs that will auto-post once a month, but all of them have been written in advance, stored in the database, then posted automatically once the time matches a preset variable.

For context's sake, I have provided a screenshot of the blog's setup page, with the "blog_posix_start" variable displayed up on the top row. Please let me know if any other information is required.

Any code examples or tutorials would be greatly appreciated, as I am completely new to PHP and have little idea on where to even start.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and thank you in advance!

blogstructure.JPG

Sure: make sure the value stored is a time in the future instead of the current time, then modify the things that query the table for what to show so that they ignore things in the future.

Exactly how you do that is going to depend a lot on how the blog is written...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.