how to insert auto current date inside this tag please help?

Ronel

No I don't think that will work.   Perhaps you can see what the errors are if you LOOK at it a bit longer.   The very first response to this topic was truly exactly what you asked for though.  Although I don't know what you meant by using the word "AUTO" in your request.

Here is what you should see if you actually tried out your code like this:

$outgoing_date = "CURRENT_DATE()";
echo "1. outgoing_date: $outgoing_date<br>";
$outgoing_date = date("Y-m-d", strtotime($_POST['outgoing_date']));
echo "2. outgoing_date: $outgoing_date<br>";

And the output of this:

1. outgoing_date: CURRENT_DATE()

Notice: Undefined index: outgoing_date in /home/albany/public_html/homejg/test.php on line 19
2. outgoing_date: 1969-12-31

(Line 19 is line 3 in my above code)

15 hours ago, Ronel said:
$outgoing_date = "CURRENT_DATE()";
        $outgoing_date = date("Y-m-d", strtotime($_POST['outgoing_date']));

HOW ABOUT PASSING IT THROUGH THIS?  THEN I NEED TO PASS IT THROUGH INPUT TYPE WHICH IS INSIDE TD TAG

The biggest obstacle to that approach is that PHP does not have a CURRENT_DATE() function - it's a MySql function. If you had error reporting on, or used the reference manual, that would have given you a clue.

date('Y-m-d') will use the current date by default so all the extra code above is redundant - which takes us back to the original solution you were given, yet ignored.

• Haha 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.