just want some little help more from you seniors

Ehsan_collboy

$sql = "INSERT INTO comments(name,datetime,email,comments,approvedby,status,post_id)";
        $sql .= "VALUES(:name,:email,:datetime,:comments,'Pending','OFF',:post_id)";
        $stmt = $cn->prepare($sql);
        $stmt->bindValue(":name",$name);
        $stmt->bindValue(":email",$email);
        $stmt->bindValue(":comments",$comments);
error in this line 
        $stmt->bindValue(":post_id",$searchqueryparameters);

$sucess = $stmt->execute();
        if($sucess) {
            $_SESSION["successMessage"] = "Comments has been post and Waiting for Aprovel";

redirect("fullpost.php?id=$searchqueryparameters");
        }else {
            $_SESSION["ErrorMessage"] = "System Error Try Again...!";
            redirect("fullpost.php?id=searchqueryparameters");
        }

hi seniors my code is working file till when i didn't add the post_id when i add my post_id variable in the code thy show me the error and also i join the two tables in the database post_id is coming from the post tabel

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: number of bound variables does not match number of tokens in C:\xampp\htdocs\CMS\Fullpost.php:49 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\CMS\Fullpost.php(49): PDOStatement->execute() #1 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\CMS\Fullpost.php on line 49

Looks to me like you have 5 placeholders and 4 bound values for them, hence the error message (They usually tell you what the problem is - you just have to read them)

7 minutes ago, Ehsan_collboy said:

number of bound variables does not match number of tokens

What does your table structure look like?

If datetime is the current timestamp and post_id is an auto_incremented primary key then they don't need to be in the insert statement.

You don't want to create a field called 'datetime' as varchar.  It s/b a DateTime type.

$sql = "INSERT INTO comments
			(name, datetime, email, comments, approvedby, status, post_id) 
        VALUES(:name, :email, :datetime, :comments, 'Pending', 'OFF', :post_id)";

Looking at your query statement do you see that you have mis-aligned fieldnames and values?  You're trying to load an email into a datetime field and the reverse

PS - I recommend switching to the array method of assigning the values instead of the tedious bind function as in this:

$sql = "INSERT INTO comments(name,datetime,email,comments,approvedby,status,post_id)";
        $sql .= "VALUES(:name,:email,:datetime,:comments,'Pending','OFF',:post_id)";

$parms = array(
		':name'=>$name,
		':datetime'=>$dt,
		':email'=>$email,
		'comments'=>$comments,
		':post_id'=>$postid);
if($sucess = $stmt->execute($parms))
{

Edited by ginerjm
  • Great Answer 1

I'd define it something like this

CREATE TABLE `comments` (
  `post_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `name` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  `datetime` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `email` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  `comments` text,
  `approvedby` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  `status` tinyint(4) DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`post_id`)
)

then, as stated earlier, datetime and post_id are generated automatically and can be excluded from the INSERT.

As @ginerjm said, don't use varchar for dates. They should be DATE, DATETIME or TIMESTAMP and the format should be yyyy-mm-dd. Store them for functionality, not prettiness. Format them as required on output or in the query.

• Great Answer 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.