echo javascript inside anchor element

webdeveloper123
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

Hey, sorry guys I know this is a easy one but I've been at it all day and can't seem to figure it out.

I want to include this:

onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?')"

Inside this line of code:

<td> <?php echo("<a href='delete.php?user_id=" . $d_row["FormId"] . "'>Delete</a>"); ?></td>

I am deleting a record, I have all the SQL, it's all fine, but just this annoying little problem. I have tried many things , including escaping the double quotes but I have got no where. 

I have tried the following but none of them work:

<td> <?php echo("<a href='delete.php?user_id=" . $d_row["FormId"] . "' onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?')">Delete</a>"); ?></td>

<td> <?php echo("<a href='delete.php?user_id=" . $d_row["FormId"] . "onclick=\"return confirm('Are you sure?')\"'>Delete</a>"); ?></td>

<td> <?php echo("<a href='delete.php?user_id=" . $d_row["FormId"] . " \"onclick=\"return confirm('Are you sure?')\"'>Delete</a>"); ?></td>

Thanks

So - what IS happening?  Are you getting an error message?  Or does the JS never show up?

Here is what I converted it to:

$formid = $d_row['FormId'];
echo "<td><a href='delete.php?user_id=$formid' onclick=\"return confirm('Are you sure?')\">Delete</a></td>";

Couldn't make it work with the reference to the array element so I moved it to a simple variable.

• Solution

Curly braces should do the trick

$d_row['FormId'] = '98765';

echo "<td><a href='delete.php?user_id={$d_row['FormId']}' onclick=\"return confirm('Are you sure?')\">Delete</a></td>";

giving

<td><a href="delete.php?user_id=98765" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?')">Delete</a></td>

Edited by Barand

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.