merging forums gets 1366 incorrect interger value

Cheagavara

hi, ive been merging a mybb forum with a xenforo database and i get a message saying

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and can not continue, i have attached a screenshot of the error message, any ideas about how to solve would be great,

thanks for looking 

Screenshot (92).png

Looking at that (blurry) message text it seems that you have a column named "pid" that you are trying to set to nothing as in "set pid='' ".  As Barand has told you it looks like an integer (an id of some sort ?) and your table definition does not allow that.  Either modify the structure of your table or supply a valid id value for that record

myBB group have not offered any insight, i have found similar queries but not much in the way of solutions and none exactly the same, occurring during running the merge software.

im am new (very new) to php and am trying to learn as i go along, im trying to rescue a community free forum that was run for years on xenforo until the person who handled it  disappeared and screwed the forum.

taking what you said above, and i am thankful, is it possible   to guide idiot proof on how to identify it and what to change? 

You are running something from your web browser, yes?  What is the name and location of that script from the address bar?  Use your editor to open up that script.  Start reading it and look for that query mentioned in the error message box and copy the lines leading up to it and paste them into a a post here.  Be sure to place them in the proper code box triggered by the <> icon above your message.  This will help us to see what you are doing and perhaps point out the issue.

If you cannot do any of this then perhaps you need to step away and get someone else to solve this on your end.  We are not here to do your tasks, only to help you do them.

54 minutes ago, ginerjm said:

You are running something from your web browser, yes?  What is the name and location of that script from the address bar?  Use your editor to open up that script.  Start reading it and look for that query mentioned in the error message box and copy the lines leading up to it and paste them into a a post here.  Be sure to place them in the proper code box triggered by the <> icon above your message.  This will help us to see what you are doing and perhaps point out the issue.

If you cannot do any of this then perhaps you need to step away and get someone else to solve this on your end.  We are not here to do your tasks, only to help you do them.

ok, thank you and you are absolutely right i either need to know how to do this (learn) or stop. the error message only appears when i am running the emerge software, which i am not at the moment 

Edited by Cheagavara

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.