any php oldie here?

GigelChiazna

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 5:51 AM, GigelChiazna said:

Hello

I do PHP since 2000. Have done more languages since (Java, DotNet, Visual Basic) but somehow liked PHP most. Any old farts here doing PHP for more than 20y?

I'm not sure what the benefit of admitting such a thing would be.  I will say that there are people who first joined this site shortly after it was first registered, so you can take from that what you will.  

I have been coding in PHP for about 7 or 8 years, but have been programming since the early 1980s. I still remember COBOL with punch cards and I believe Apple Basic was my first programming language.

Edited by Strider64

• 5 weeks later...

I had my first experience with php in 1997. I consider myself an 'oldie' because I'm proud to share I was a member of the teams behind php-nuke CMS packages. I didn't do much coding, I don't and never did know much about the code. I did front-end, graphics, themes, created a module or two. I understood a lot about how those packages worked and was able to help people install, use, and modify their site. I was on the tech support teams on futurenuke, nukeplanet, and others. It was rewarding being able to help people. 

I'm curious. This domain has been around since somewhere around 1995-ish? It's always been a php reference and help site as far as I know. Is it the same group of people as it was in the late 90s, early 2000s? 

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.