Download MySQL 8.0.29

LeonLatex
Go to solution Solved by benanamen,

I am trying to download latest version of MySQL which seems to be version 8.0.29. But whatever I do it reinstall MySQL WorkBench 8.0.29.

I need to upgrade to the latest version of MySQL because of some conflict with my Laragon Web Server.

Can somebody guide me on the right path, maybe give me a link to the right place to download the correct and latest MySQL version.

Please feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong.

• Solution

I wrote step by step instructions a few years ago in the Laragon forum on how to upgrade to Mysql8. I assume Laragon is the actual dev on your system and you are not trying to install Mysql outside of Laragon.

You will need to register on the forum. See instructions here....
https://forum.laragon.org/topic/2017/mysql-8-upgrade-instructions/2

Edited by benanamen
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, requinix said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=download+mysql+8

The first few links all looked relevant.

If that's not working for you then tell us which page, you tried to download from.

4 hours ago, benanamen said:

I wrote step-by-step instructions a few years ago in the Laragon forum on how to upgrade to Mysql8. I assume Laragon is the actual dev on your system and you are not trying to install MySQL outside of Laragon.

You will need to register on the forum. See instructions here....
https://forum.laragon.org/topic/2017/mysql-8-upgrade-instructions/2

Thanks to both of you. I will try and promise to give you both feedback on what's working or not. It could be more than just me who met this problem that there is a lot of errors because of different version of MySQL and some other thing i don't remember now. So maybe my feedback could help some other. Right now, u can't write the feedback because i am soaked in work.

requinix, I looked into the link you gave me, but i have checjed out those downloads before, The only thing happens when i download from MySQL is they try to re-install

MySQL workbench. And that is not what i want to do. But i think Bananamen is into something. I will try his slution to when i got more time for it. Thanks for trying requinix.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.