how to override methods in elequent

ali_254

hi...

I want when receiving information from the database , Make a change in one of the fields.

I do not want to write the change function in the field on all models.

I want to make changes to all the eloquent classes. (override methods).

In all tables, I have a history field(created_at).

I want to make the desired changes to this field when I receive the information

Depending on what it is you're trying to do with the data, there are several ways to change a field. You can set up an accessor or mutator or use a query scope, for instance. Query scope sounds like what you're looking for, although should worse comes to worst you could just write a trait and use it on your model instances where needed.

• Like 1
  • Great Answer 1

On 6/7/2022 at 2:41 AM, maxxd said:

What change are you trying to make on the created_at field?

The date is stored in the database in the "Gregorian date" format.
I want to turn it into "solar history" when I receive the information

4 hours ago, maxxd said:

According to the documentation, Laravel automatically casts the created_at and updated_at columns into Carbon instances. I don't know what 'solar history' means, but it's possible the hard work is already done and all you've got to do is format the field as desired.

I mean:

Solar Hijri Calender

OK, so unfortunately Carbon doesn't have a native formatter for that. So one way or another, I think you're going to have to touch all of your models as they all extend from Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model and if you override that base class you'll have to update all the use statements. That being the case, I'd look to either global scopes or accessors to handle your case.

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.