Help With Visual Studio Code

LeonLatex

I don't understand why you answer my question with a new question. If I was sure about what that line meant, I would not ask for help. Not to be rude, but....
All I know is that line has something to do with the debugger. But I don't have a clue what to put in there? Is the answer so simple and easy that it is the same path as the line above?

I like answering with questions because often that encourages the person, in trying to answer that question, to start heading down the right mental pathway towards finding the answer - if not find the answer itself.

Here, the answer to my question is something like "well the setting page says it's a path to PHP".

image.png

Logically, then, if it's "the path to a PHP executable" then yeah, the answer probably is as simple as copying the php.validate.executablePath you have above it.

Because the thing to remember here - and this might help dispel some confusion - is that despite the similarity between the two configuration names, they belong to two different extensions: the "php.validate.executablePath" is used by the built-in PHP extension while the "php.debug.executablePath" comes from PHP Debug.

Ok, you got my respect for that. When I think about it, I think you're right. And now I even don't dare to say more, not even ask another question ( 😉 ). I feel really stupid. I saw the solution. But (as we say in Norway in Norwegian of course) I just had to shit on my own leg. I feel so embarrassed. Before I was never afraid to try new things or find solutions. It must be my age. I am getting older and the Alzheimer's is closing up on me.

Requinix, SORRY FOR ASKING STUPID SELF EXPLAINED QUESTIONS. But, thank you for listening

• Like 1

2 hours ago, requinix said:

Because the thing to remember here - and this might help dispel some confusion - is that despite the similarity between the two configuration names, they belong to two different extensions: the "php.validate.executablePath" is used by the built-in PHP extension while the "php.debug.executablePath" comes from PHP Debug.

I had to read your answer over and over again in Google Translate.  This was the answer: phpdbg.exe

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.