INSERT BASICS- REGEX etc...

mojito

After basic javascript (clientside) verification what steps should I take with my data fields.

I would like some of the fields to be able to contain some basic formatting in HTML like </strong> etc...

This poses me a question as I cant just remove these characters. This html is (normally) comming from my WYSIWYG editor attached to my text field.

Is there a good resource that deals with this or better a brief list of key checks that should be made server side just before the INSERT.

Thanks for any insight you freaks.

PS If your in the cambridge area come and join a cool discussion forum at [a href=\"http://mycambs.com\" target=\"_blank\"]www.mycambs.com[/a]. Why is it cool? because it has some very interesting topics of discussion and members who challenge thought. It isnt into globalisation either we do welcome tree huggers and also corporate monkeys alike!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean -- why does their WYSIWYG input need to be validated again? There's nothing wrong with storing HTML in a field from a DB perspective, as long as everything is properly quoted and the field length is sufficient. What did you have in mind?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.