require and include path - help needed

annmann

16 hours ago, ginerjm said:

Too bad the OP can't show us WHERE the file is then.  We could put this measly problem to bed.

I can't show cron.php because it's nowhere. I was showing it's not in the folder at all. Really don't understand your attitude, I get that you are an expert at this and I CLEARLY stated my situation in the beginning. I was never doing this part of our business, my dad was but he died tragically and I am happy I can do this much at this point (I'm an architect... of buildings). If you want to/can your help is appreciated but no need to bully. I was showing the correct thing another member pointed me towards. 

Thanks

21 hours ago, maxxd said:

cron.php is a standard file in WordPress installs, so if it's suddenly missing from the wp-includes directory then it got deliberately removed. I recommend re-installing WP and examining your logs for deletes or unusual/suspicious logins.

Have you tried what maxxd said?

"I can't show cron.php because it's nowhere."

Nowhere did I see that statement.  Now that I have I realize that the issue is not just correcting a line of code but figuring out what happened to that file.  From what I I knew I was simply expressing my concern as to why this question was taking so long to answer.  Apparently it was.

2 hours ago, ginerjm said:

"I can't show cron.php because it's nowhere."

Nowhere did I see that statement.  Now that I have I realize that the issue is not just correcting a line of code but figuring out what happened to that file.  From what I I knew I was simply expressing my concern as to why this question was taking so long to answer.  Apparently it was.

i didn't realise you wouldn't click on a link so how would i know you don't know?

it was because i am on the other side of the world to you and i was sleeping.

Either way, problem is solved now, thank you for the help everyone!!

3 minutes ago, dodgeitorelse3 said:

Your solution would be nice to know for any others that may have the same issue.

Apparently a virus deleted the cron file. Had to reinstall wordpress and reupload the site!

thanks for everyone not hating on me for not understanding certain basic things at first

all the best! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.