Not funny when you forget to be structured 😮😠🤪

LeonLatex

Funny thing when you get so hung up on things because of a small glimpse of a feeling of mastery because you manage something that you haven't mastered in many years. When you deal with something that is structured and you forget to be structured yourself😂🤪 I have developed some different PHP files   (actually a lot of them) for a CMS I am putting together, and just thought that I would put those files in this and those different directories. Until now, I have tested the different files that can be opened in the browser. Now I have reached the point where I can open index.php to test how this works when everything is sewn together. This is something that I now know in retrospect, I was very careful to note before for post-checking and a map that will save me the task I am about to start on now. It's extra work, but someone have do it. I have to go through each individual file and see what I have named each individual directory, and which files are linked to each other. Fun? NOT! I thought I would remeber it, but the project was getting bigger and i forgot. Does anyone recognize themselves?

Moral of the day: Don't start a major task until you have a plan (written and drawn down)

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.