Automatic printing HTML created with php to network printer

Pearl123

Hi to all,

I am trying to create a report using php and then automatically send to network printer using default printer. I am using one library but that library does not support html page simple raw text can be printed automatically.

Any help?

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Pearl123 said:

Manually print is not an issue. I would like to print automatically when the pdf is ready without click on pdf and send print command.

[Begin Architectural Sanity Check] 

Are you are doing this in a Web Application, accessed by remote Users, via a URL?
If so, you cannot do this (not with PHP).  

PHP runs on your Application server and can, therefore, only print to a printer connected to your server. 
That's not much use to a User potentially on the other side of the planet and who has no physical access to your DataCentre, which is where the printed piece of paper would wind up! 

Nor can you access any printer connected to the User's computer.  PHP has no knowledge of this. 

In short, if the User wants to print a document, then that's entirely up to them.
(These days, who's to say they even have a printer!?)

[End Architectural Sanity Check] 

Of course, if this is a "local" PHP [console] application that only needs to talk to your own printer, that's a whole other ball game - forget everything I said above.  

Regards, 
   Phill  W.

So you finally answered my original question. 

You are saying that the php is running on your network and NOT ON A REMOTE SERVER via the internet?  Now if that is so I'm sure someone here with a little more experience using php in such a fashion may tell us how to communicate with a network device.  I have never used php 'locally' myself.

You could try and find some PDF reader program that would let you print a PDF automatically.  On a windows machine, you could try the official Acrobat Reader and execute it with the /p /h flags:

exec("Acrobat.exe /p /h yourfile.pdf");

This is what the right click -> print option does in explorer.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.