Did PHPFreaks get hacked?

Go to solution Solved by kicken,

I have received several spam messages over the last several weeks sent to the address I use for PHPFreaks. I run my own web server, so I create individual email address for each of the sites I visit, so I can keep track of where the spmamer go tmy address. It is unlikely that the server was hacked or my local email client was hacked, as I get spam only to the PHPFreaks address and a few others that I know to be untrustworthy. (for example, my Amazon, Microsoft and Google address have not received the spam). I also have not recieved the same spam to the untrustowrthy addresses, although in other cases, I get several spam messages at once addessed to those untrustworthy addresses. Since this particular spam was only sent to the PHPFreaks address, it seems most likely that this is where they got that address. So, does anyone know if PHPFreaks was hacked or in some other way had user email addresses get compromised?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.