My app shows problems on Android

ginerjm

Now that the NFL has kicked off my football app is showing a problem on Android phones.  Haven't had to do anything to it since last season but suddenly yesterday the screen doesn't respond to the CSS on my android users.  Divs are totally out of position for those users while my iphone and laptop screens show up perfectly fine and respond to the CSS as they should.

Has Android made any significant changes in the last few months that would affect my css coding?   

BTW - my app is a php one.   I'm not doing anything special with the visual formatting other than simply positioning divs where they need to be and have not done a re-design in the past few months.

I haven't had to play with this app in a couple of (football) seasons since all was working just fine.  As I already said - when this season kicked off only then did I hear of the problems my users were having.

I have managed to clean it up.  Alter the margins on 3 divs that were positioned left-to-right from each other.  The first 2 (leftmost) were positioned to place them lower on the page while the 3rd was at the top of the area.  Basically a grid showing pool entries and numbers with the left 2 divs showing the team name in kind of a centered alignment.   When I took out the margin settings on the first 2 divs and made all 3 align at the top the problem went away altho things are not like I'd like to see them but at least the grid div is not positioned way down the page any longer.

As for tricky.  Nothing special that I know of.   Relative positioning, float left, simple margins in %, some padding in px.  Nothing having any motion or images or anything but plain names and numbers

Float's a but quaint these days, but I can't recall off the top of my head any major updates in browser interpretation of it recently. I also don't recall hearing of anything removed from browser parsing of older standards. Sorry for the not terribly useful post, but unless there's some browser-prefixed or experimental definitions or functions I can't think of anything in the past year or so that would break CSS backwards compatibility. Maybe somebody else remembers something?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.