Using Match Against to provide the "best match"/best results

oz11

I'm trying to get this query to list the results in an order that when searching using two terms, the response will be that those at the top are the "best match". For example, the query for 'google news' , at the moment, does not return Google to the top but actually other keyword/rows containing "news". See, Google is at the bottom when i would like it to be near the top, as its a "better match" then the others. Help me with this head scratching situation people please..

SELECT * FROM links, link_word, keywords WHERE links.link_id = link_word.link_id AND link_word.key_id = keywords.key_id AND MATCH(word) AGAINST('google news') OR MATCH(title) Against('"-google news"') GROUP BY title

1291682097_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1400-43-53.thumb.png.b9efa2bf5d8ceea80327087005f17b0f.png

1229514402_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1400-43-31.thumb.png.9c8f56fb046bf86edf4d5310f8d81bc0.png

thanks, 

Oz.  

Quick update. I swapped the database around and changed the query abit. Still have the same problem though. :S

SELECT * FROM links, bridge, keywords WHERE links.links_id = bridge.link_id AND bridge.keyw_id = keywords.keyw_id AND MATCH(description) AGAINST('google news') AND MATCH(terms) AGAINST('google NEWS') OR MATCH(title) AGAINST('google NEWS') GROUP BY title

New screenshot:

629862864_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1401-50-06.thumb.png.e9b195146bb41df15bc756fe4b8d1ba6.png

Edited by oz11

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.