How to insert into one row in csv file?

soyaslim

Hello guys, I have been working on this simple project, however, seems a little bit tricky. So, I have an array which I want to write the data into csv file. The array below:

Array
(
    [0] => 13763-1.jpg
    [1] => 13763.jpg
    [2] => 13763-2.jpg
    [3] => 13764-2.jpg
    [4] => 13764.jpg
    [5] => 13764-1.jpg
    [6] => 13765.jpg
)

I sorted the array using rsort($array) so it looks like below:

Array
(
    [0] => 13765.jpg
    [1] => 13764.jpg
    [2] => 13764-2.jpg
    [3] => 13764-1.jpg
    [4] => 13763.jpg
    [5] => 13763-2.jpg
    [6] => 13763-1.jpg
)

So, I want to output this data into csv file like below:

image.png.c3fb0823690a103668d47351570751fd.png

However, I could not able to achieve the additional images value in the CSV data. My code below:

$file = fopen($directory."M2_import_image.csv", 'w');

// insert header to import file
    $header= array("product_id", "base_image", "small_image", "thumbnail_image", "swatch_image", "additional_images");
    fputcsv($file, $header, ',');

$images = glob($directory.'*.{jpg,png,gif,jpeg,JPG}', GLOB_BRACE);
    rsort($images);
    // natcasesort($images);

$csvData = [];
    $counter = 0;
    foreach ($images as $image) {
        $filename = pathinfo($image);
        $filename = $filename['filename'];
        $rolanId = substr($filename, 0, strpos($filename, '-'));

$additionalImages[] = $rolanId.'.jpg';

if (strstr($filename, $rolanId) != FALSE) {
            $counter++;
        } else if (strstr($filename, $rolanId) == FALSE)
            $counter = 0;

if ($counter > 0) {
           $additionalImages[] = $filename.'.jpg';
        } 

}
    print_r($additionalImages);

fclose($file);

I think I'm getting an aneurysm.

What you're describing does not seem to match what the screenshot of the file shows. I think what you actually want to do is (1) find all the files in the directory, (2) group them by the initial number in the name, then (3) sync up the CSV file according to the new set of files. But what to do with files in the CSV that aren't in the directory? Seems you want to discard them?

So one step at a time. You need to get an array - one that is not $additionalImages but something entirely different - which has a list of all the files grouped by that initial number. With your example, it will look like

array(
	"13763.jpg" => array(
		"13763-1.jpg",
		"13763-2.jpg"
	),
	"13764.jpg" => array(
		"13764-1.jpg",
		"13764-2.jpg"
	),
	"13765.jpg" => array()
)

That means there is a 13763.jpg with two additional files, 13764.jpg with two more additional files, and 13765.jpg without any additional files.

Once you have that then you can move onto the next step of writing it to the file...

4 minutes ago, requinix said:

What you're describing does not seem to match what the screenshot of the file shows. I think what you actually want to do is (1) find all the files in the directory, (2) group them by the initial number in the name, then (3) sync up the CSV file according to the new set of files. But what to do with files in the CSV that aren't in the directory? Seems you want to discard them?

So one step at a time. You need to get an array - one that is not $additionalImages but something entirely different - which has a list of all the files grouped by that initial number. With your example, it will look like

array(
	"13763.jpg" => array(
		"13763-1.jpg",
		"13763-2.jpg"
	),
	"13764.jpg" => array(
		"13764-1.jpg",
		"13764-2.jpg"
	),
	"13765.jpg" => array()
)

That means there is a 13763.jpg with two additional files, 13764.jpg with two more additional files, and 13765.jpg without any additional files.

Once you have that then you can move onto the next step of writing it to the file...

You are exactly right! but how do I achieve this array

I tried to check if the next array data has '-' or rolanId in the string but still could not achieve the array.

10 minutes ago, soyaslim said:

You are exactly right! but how do I achieve this array

$filename = pathinfo($image);
        $filename = $filename['filename']; // 13763
        $rolanId = substr($filename, 0, strpos($filename, '-')); // 13763

$additionalImages[] = $rolanId.'.jpg';
        $csvData[$rolanId] = array(
            $rolanId.'.jpg',
            (strpos($filename, "-") != FALSE)? $filename : '',
        );

}
    print_r($csvData);

37 minutes ago, requinix said:

array(
	"13763.jpg" => array(
		"13763-1.jpg",
		"13763-2.jpg"
	),
	"13764.jpg" => array(
		"13764-1.jpg",
		"13764-2.jpg"
	),
	"13765.jpg" => array()
)

Is there any way I can achieve this? I checked if the array data has "-" and matches the id but did not able to do it.

Hmm, looks like you'll need a modification or two to the array I suggested. More like

array(
	13763 => array(
		"base_image" => "13763.jpg",
		"additional_images" => array(
			"13763-1.jpg",
			"13763-2.jpg"
		)
	),

0. Start with an empty array for you to store the lists of additional files you'll be building.
1. Use glob() to get the list of files. It already comes sorted in ascending order, you need it sorted in ascending order, and I'm not sure why you want to sort it in reverse order.
2. Use pathinfo() to get the different parts of the file name. Look at the different parts it returns because you'll want more than one of them.
3. If the filename-without-extension portion is just a number then add an entry to the array. You know the base_image value already. Start with the additional_images empty.
4a. If the filename-without-extension portion is not just a number then split it into (1) the initial number and (2) the hyphen and everything after it.
4b. Look for an entry in the array for the number. If it exists then add the file to the additional_images array. If not then I don't know what you want to do.

At the end of this, you should have an array that looks like the sample above...

5 hours ago, requinix said:

Hmm, looks like you'll need a modification or two to the array I suggested. More like

array(
	13763 => array(
		"base_image" => "13763.jpg",
		"additional_images" => array(
			"13763-1.jpg",
			"13763-2.jpg"
		)
	),

0. Start with an empty array for you to store the lists of additional files you'll be building.
1. Use glob() to get the list of files. It already comes sorted in ascending order, you need it sorted in ascending order, and I'm not sure why you want to sort it in reverse order.
2. Use pathinfo() to get the different parts of the file name. Look at the different parts it returns because you'll want more than one of them.
3. If the filename-without-extension portion is just a number then add an entry to the array. You know the base_image value already. Start with the additional_images empty.
4a. If the filename-without-extension portion is not just a number then split it into (1) the initial number and (2) the hyphen and everything after it.
4b. Look for an entry in the array for the number. If it exists then add the file to the additional_images array. If not then I don't know what you want to do.

At the end of this, you should have an array that looks like the sample above...

Could u please shed a light on me? I really appreciate your help and the time u had already spent. So, I manage to change the images filenames array that I got from the directory, I first replace the extension '.jpg' and directory name '/images' and sorted the array as below:

array (
    '13763',
    '13763-1',
    '13763-2',
    '13764',
    '13765',
    '13765-1',
);

So, I am going through the foreach loop as $image which gives me each element and each loop I am checking the string has '-' character or not. If it has no '-' character than I assign $currentId = $image but if it has '-' then I assign $additionalImage .= ', '.$image.'.jpg'. But the problem is I only want to insert one row if it has additional images '13763.jpg, 13763-1.jpg, 13763-2.jpg'. Below is my code what I have done so far.

$currentId = '';
$additionalImages = '';
$addId = '';

if (strpos($image, '-') == FALSE) {
        $currentId = $image;
        $additionalImages = $image.'.jpg';
    }

if (strpos($image, '-') != FALSE) {
        $addId = substr($image, 0, strpos($image, '-'));
        $additionalImages .= ', '.$image.'.jpg';
    }

// insert into csv file

}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.