Making Composer provide untagged git file

NotionCommotion
Go to solution Solved by kicken,

I wish to use this version of ApiPlatformExtension which is the most current on the 3.0 branch. Note that there is no tag associated with it as v3.0.0 is several days older.

image.thumb.png.68d0ba476149fac4429f6e7ea6052f21.png

image.png.56a3df557adf8bea8d7039b6c121cbae.png

Now, on packagist, there are several versions available, and based on the 2022-09-20 08:49 UTC date associated with 3.0.x-dev, it appears that is the one I want.  It is my understanding that this branch only looks like a version, but isn't as indicated by the .x in the name.

image.png.c62a356e183cb9d9b521165da378dc3c.png

image.thumb.png.a023ea71be7935e209e57233d673b9a1.png

How should I make my project use the specific file which I stated above I wish to use?  The project is not in production, so while maybe not ideal, I am okay with using an untagged version.  I've tried the following and multiple similar attempts, but only get the previous version of the file.

{
    "type": "project",
    "license": "proprietary",
    "minimum-stability": "stable",
    "prefer-stable": true,
    "require": {
        "php": ">=8.1",
        "api-platform/core": "3.0.x-dev",
    }
}

• Solution

You can tell composer to pull a specific commit by adding #hash after version.

"api-platform/core": "3.0.x-dev#14c7cba"

Normally just doing 3.0.x-dev would pull the latest version, but I think because both the main branch and 3.0 branch use this alias it causes an issue and for some reason composer prefers the main branch.

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.