Wordpress Prepare SQL

jarvis

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm using Wordpress to run a SQL query as per the below:

$results = $wpdb->get_results($wpdb->prepare("SELECT * FROM $table_name WHERE 'start_date' = %s AND 'email_sent' = %d", $test, $email_sent), ARRAY_A);

This outputs the following:

SELECT * FROM mfs_training_course_email_notifications WHERE 'start_date' = '2023-06-17' AND 'email_sent' = 0

Which returns 0 results. 

However, if I know there is a result. If I go to PHPMyAdmin and run the following:

SELECT * FROM `mfs_training_course_email_notifications` WHERE `start_date` = '2023-06-17' AND `email_sent` = 0

It works and returns a result.

If I alter the code:

$results = $wpdb->get_results($wpdb->prepare("SELECT * FROM $table_name WHERE 'email_sent' = %d", $email_sent), ARRAY_A);

Therefore:

SELECT * FROM mfs_training_course_email_notifications WHERE 'email_sent' = 0

It returns results, so seems the issue is the start_date part. However, I'm perplexed as to why? The start_date column is a date field - in case that makes any odds!? Am trying to prevent doing the last search, then adding an IF statement to check the date. Would rather try to include both in the initial query to make things quicker/streamlined.

Hope that makes sense!?

Hi @Barand

Is that due to the `mfs_training_course_email_notifications` as opposed to SELECT * FROM mfs_training_course_email_notifications (no backticks)

It's the only difference I can see? 

You're right!

$results = $wpdb->get_results($wpdb->prepare("SELECT * FROM `$table_name` WHERE `start_date` = %s AND `email_sent` = %d", $test, $email_sent), 

Worked!

Thanks

Edited by jarvis
Being a numpty!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.