page go darker indefinitelyon scrolling until its totally dark

alexandre

$stmt = 'SELECT DISTINCT participationid, usernames, donationamount, totaldonated FROM donationclashdetails GROUP BY participationid ORDER BY totaldonated DESC';
	$result = mysqli_query($con, $stmt);
	if (mysqli_num_rows($result) > 0 ) {
	    while ($result_row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)) {
	        echo "<div class='rankingtrue'>
					<table class='rankingtable'>
	            <tr>
	                <td>Id</td><td>username</td><td>last donation</td><td>total donated</td>
	            </tr>
	            <tr>
	                <td class='remain2'>" .$result_row['participationid']. "</td>
	                <td class='remain2'>". $result_row['usernames']. "</td>
	                <td class='remain2'>". $result_row['donationamount']. "</td>
	                <td class='remain2'>". $result_row['totaldonated']. "</td>
	            </tr>
	        </table>";
				 '</div>';
}
}

so i am trying to echo a ranking and this table here is going to be way to long in lenght at some point and if i add the scroll on overflow it makes tons of scroll bars all around the bottom it is because the table is populated with the multiple arrays pulled from the database. but i do not understand why more you scroll and more the rows gets smaller like crawling on themselves.. i think i might have to display the rows in another way but for now i am clueless. and for the page going darker is because of opacity on the table that is expanding to the rest of the page.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:22 AM, requinix said:

I can't tell what you're describing. Screenshot? Is this viewable on the internet right now?

sorry for the delay, its a bit complicated to explain because it is the way the table is made and i did something else instead i will try to find a way to make paginations for the ranking instead of trying to make a scrollable ranking that would always stay the same size 

also for the issue itself  the problem was that opacity that was set for every element with a black background insteadof using the rgb() colors which you set opacity directly inside the rgb() . it doesnt fix the problem i has but for the child elements disapeariing it fixed it. and finally for the darker effect it was the arrays having all black background paired with opacity one over the others was making the page go darker and darker because it seems like for each row a new array populated with the previous and new row is generated so it makes a lot of arrays piling one over the others.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.