Commit: 74b1f979648cc44d385a2286793c226e611f59e7
Date: 2022-09-14T21:03:37.738Z
Electron: 19.0.12
Chromium: 102.0.5005.167
Node.js: 16.14.2
V8: 10.2.154.15-electron.0
Sandboxed: No

Visual Studio Code on Windows 11.

Greetings. I tend to have the most success with debugging, and remote connections using VS Code. I have a LAMP stack setup on a Linux box on my LAN, so most of my php dev work is done via SSH / SFTP connection to that server.

It takes some tweaking, but you can get the extension Open PHP/HTML/JS In Browser to work with that setup and preview files without a hitch if the setup is \\canonicalname\htdocs , but it doesn't want to recognize /usr/bin/php as a valid executable for PHP features of VS Code. If configured with IP address as an SSH connection/ workspace, it will recognize /usr/bin/php , but it won't open PHP in browser, because it's sending commands as linux bash commands in that setup.

Unable to launch selected browser (Chrome). Error: Command failed: google-chrome "http://10.0.0.01/wp_somesite/wp-content/plugins/wp-list-table/inc/admin/views/smsusergroup.php" /bin/sh: 1: google-chrome: not found /bin/sh: 1: google-chrome: not found

Does anyone use that extension and have a recommendation for a functional configuration that will still open the files in a browser with a windows-friendly command?

I don't follow: you're talking about /usr/bin/php but the error message is talking about google-chrome.

If you're running things in the browser then the path to PHP doesn't matter. Unless you want to use its development server, but I don't think that's the case.

So what's the problem here?

• 2 weeks later...
Unable to launch selected browser (Chrome). 
Error: Command failed: google-chrome "http://[...snip...]usergroup.php" /bin/sh: 
1: google-chrome: not found /bin/sh: 1: google-chrome: not found

There is no problem.

Windows does not interpret the path as a valid path to an executable at /bin/sh . Additionally, there is no windows executable binaries there for it to run.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.