Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mlambert13

Need to send and receive XML from MySQL

I am trying to do something, but not quite sure I do it with MySQL or PHP. Basically, I want to collect some information from a visitor through a webpage, enter it into MySQL, and then provide them a Thank You page.

I then want to take some of that data, and pass it via SOAP or XML to a partner using PHP or something, and then parse their XML response and enter the data in another table.

Not sure if this can be done. I know MySQL 5 has stored procedures, however, I'm only on 3.23.58. Any way to do this, or should I upgrade?

First, you should definitely upgrade, at least to 4.1 -- 3.23.x is quite old, and lacks many features.

Second, I don't see what the problem is. You don't need to dump the raw XML into a table temporarily (though you could for archival reasons); simply send it off to be parsed, and enter whatever name/value pairs directly into your MySQL tables.

Did I miss something?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.