php install question

BAV
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

Hi.  Thanks for any response in advance.

I am using:  1. WP on my localhost setup (using Flywheel free Local) which contains its own database ....

2. XAMPP , installed in my local XAMPP folder, which contains its own php and Apache versions ...

My question what is considered to be the correct php install configurations when I want to use them both?  (Ex: create and run WP routines as well as for non-WP purposes.)

Thx

BAV

I apologize if my post is off topic from "Coding" but I was reluctant to post in any other forum room.

• Solution

Does Flywheel also have its own web server? Probably does.

"Correct" is highly subjective. If you want to run both at once then all you actually need to do is make them run on different ports, say 8000 for one of them and 8001 for the other.

Thank you.  This gives me a direction I can take and experiment a little.  I am sure others have asked this same question out of concern of creating conflicting installations of php in different folders.  Many thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.