How can you generate a sysid with PHP?

sen5241b
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

I worked with ServiceNow for many years. They have a very interesting database. 
Every record in the entire data base has a field called the sysid. This number combined with a table name  makes that record unique amongst all the ServiceNow  databases in the entire world.

if you transfer a data record from your ServiceNow database into any other ServiceNow database in the world that sysid will remain the same.

i’m trying to create a function to do this with PHP. how would you even do that?

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little research.

A ServiceNow sys_id is a 32 character  universally  unique ID (UUID). The Servicenow sys_id Is however  a little bit different than a typical UUID. The sys_id must be combined with the table name to uniquely identify a specific record in any Servicenow database anywhere in the world.
i’ve never written a UUID generator but I can tell you that none of them are perfect.

GUID and UUID are the same thing. 

They’re  are plenty of PHP algorithms to generate UUIDs out there. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.