PHP FPM Downloads Files

dontknowphp

Hello,

I am experiencing this weird issue, if i select the php to run as php fpm served by apache, there is a specific case where my application downloads an HTML file instead of executing (redirecting) to the page.

PS: If i enable seo friendly urls it downloads a php file, without SEO urls it downloads an HTML file (not sure if that helps)

If i change the above option to FastCGI the application runs fine without downloading any files

Are there any common solutions for such cases? I would have posted a code sample for you to check, but I am not sure which part of my code could interfere with this.

Maybe it server fault and not php?

The "common solution" would be to fix whatever incorrect configuration you have. But it's hard to know exactly what part is incorrect by guessing.
You also apparently have some setup where you can simply "change" how PHP is running, and if you can "enable SEO friendly URLs" then there's some application involved that you haven't mentioned.

So. What is your setup?

45 minutes ago, requinix said:

The "common solution" would be to fix whatever incorrect configuration you have. But it's hard to know exactly what part is incorrect by guessing.
You also apparently have some setup where you can simply "change" how PHP is running, and if you can "enable SEO friendly URLs" then there's some application involved that you haven't mentioned.

So. What is your setup?

Hi,

im using a dedicated ubuntu server running the latest Plesk web host edition.

i can change the php configuration directly from the plesk panel.

the SEO friendly URLs are configured on the .htaccess file (i manually edit the htacess and use RewriteEngine rules)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.