i locked my own admin accounts on phpmyadmin

alexandre

hackers got me so paranoiac that every new privileged accounts that i forgot or nerver saw before , i lock them but this time, it seems like i hit my own acount and i locked myself out usually i was able to get back in by changing the config file for the password but the fact that i literally locked the users account its telling me that all my accounts are locked . i tried every users that i has and each of them are locked. so now i am kinda lost on how to get back in at least my main root user.. any help would be appreciated.

MySQL said: 

Cannot connect: invalid settings.

mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/4151): Access denied, this account is locked

Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user '127.0.0.1'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

1 hour ago, requinix said:

Restart MySQL in safe mode without user authentication, reset the root password/unlock the account, then restart back in regular mode.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

thank you for your answer , i just have one question here. do i have to remove the user authentificattion somehow ? i see that the manual  is for resetting the root password but thats not the password that is wrong in my case simply the root accounts are locked. also if i have to do a manipulation with the terminal is it doable the same way when using xamp?

Edited by alexandre

12 hours ago, alexandre said:

i see that the manual  is for resetting the root password but thats not the password that is wrong in my case simply the root accounts are locked.

Whether you don't have the password or the account is locked, either way you cannot get into it. Restart in safe mode, unlock the account manually, then restart in regular mode.

12 hours ago, alexandre said:

also if i have to do a manipulation with the terminal is it doable the same way when using xamp?

I don't know if XAMPP gives you a way to restart in safe mode.

4 hours ago, requinix said:

Whether you don't have the password or the account is locked, either way you cannot get into it. Restart in safe mode, unlock the account manually, then restart in regular mode.

I don't know if XAMPP gives you a way to restart in safe mode.

ok i will try to launch my pc in safemode but i guess there is a way to get in my account by using the terminal and do it directly in the command line? 

when i tried using the terminal of the xamp control panel it didnt recognized the skip grants command as a command so thats why i was wondering if i could actualy do it with xamp. the only other solution i have found online was to uninstall xamp and reinstall then i would have to redo my whole database...

3 hours ago, alexandre said:

ok i will try to launch my pc in safemode

No, not your whole computer. MySQL. I say "safe mode" but that's not the actual term.

Just do what the instructions in that page I linked earlier say - except, of course, your problem is unlocking the account, not resetting the password. Because MySQL gets installed on Windows just about the same way regardless of whether you use XAMPP or not.

40 minutes ago, requinix said:

No, not your whole computer. MySQL. I say "safe mode" but that's not the actual term.

Just do what the instructions in that page I linked earlier say - except, of course, your problem is unlocking the account, not resetting the password. Because MySQL gets installed on Windows just about the same way regardless of whether you use XAMPP or not.

for some reason it seems that using xamp is giving me a different path for this C:\> cd "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin"

the path in xamp to mysql is totally different , so i am not sure where to look right now.

finally i am going to redo the whole database i would already be done with this if i wasnt always messing around.. my logic isnt the best as i only has about 7 tables in the database. but thank you for the help if i knew what i am doing maybe i could have fixed it. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.