i have this threat spamming in my antivirus and want be sure my pc is not compromised

alexandre

i was wondering if this is an actual threat or simply the marketing method of all antivirus.. this keeps spamming every 3 or 5 minutes so i want to be sure because this antivirus doesnt give me an option to fix it , it just abort the connection to the infected thing and ask me to upgrade my protection... if anyone is familiar with that i would apreciate an advice.

image.thumb.png.130c1e0a0b7e233845f8f59cc8848816.png

5 minutes ago, requinix said:

Is that message coming from AVG? Do you trust AVG to be accurately reporting problems that it detects?

https://www.google.com/search?q=win32%3Akadrbot

this message is coming from avast free antivirus. i has trusted avg before but i normally dont even trust any antivirus at all.

oh and i just read the link you shared and sadly i have no way to buy a legitimate antivirus to make a full scan of my computer.. i was hoping that this antivirus was just trying to scare me by showing me a scary threat but i am still unsure about what this is about. also it is probably infected since for xamp to work fine i has to disable my computer UAC

sigh

This is why you don't disable UAC if you don't know what you're doing with your own computer, and why you don't blindly click Yes every time it pops up a message unless you know exactly what is you've asked it to do.
My first guess is you downloaded a bad version of XAMPP, or else it was something else you downloaded and ran.

Have you tried running the general malware removal tool that Microsoft regularly publishes?

10 minutes ago, requinix said:

sigh

This is why you don't disable UAC if you don't know what you're doing with your own computer, and why you don't blindly click Yes every time it pops up a message unless you know exactly what is you've asked it to do.
My first guess is you downloaded a bad version of XAMPP, or else it was something else you downloaded and ran.

Have you tried running the general malware removal tool that Microsoft regularly publishes?

is this already on my laptop or i have to download that tool?

• cyberRobot changed the title to i have this threat spamming in my antivirus and want be sure my pc is not compromised
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.