best forum site out there so far, i would like to see a tutorials section appear

Go to solution Solved by requinix,

the knowledge is power only if it is shared .. i suggest to add a tutorials section in order to provide accurate help and avoid users to go look through tons of unsure sources. i think it would also help to bring more users to this amazing website 😉

yes but everything doesnt have to be easy. i was just suggesting this because i saw tons of tutorials that are leading to deprecated stuff or even a lot who are teaching people to write code in a risky way. i am not sure who could write those , but a lot of platform are offering this and it seems to work. in practice all you would need to do is to get people who have tutorials written to send a request to post them and then would be left to approve them or not.  but like i said it is a simple suggestion maybe even personal at this point since i really appreciate this website and would like to be able to learn the best stuff i need in a single place.  

• Solution

But what's to prevent us from having the same "deprecated stuff" problem in a couple years? What could we do to make the tutorial concept actually successful?

I'm not just making these questions up: I worked on a site that had the exact same idea, and we even got some people to write a few, but writing them is hard so nobody wanted to keep making more and soon the ones that had been made previously fell out of date.

It's a great idea on paper. It's a difficult idea in practice.

yes i agree with you . i wonder how openclassroom did. it started small and got bigger with time , i remember when i was using le site du zero when i was younger and now its a website deserving diploma. but i understand that this is not the same purpose for every website, what you have here is already great with a majoritary nice community.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.