echo timestamp from mysql

Lumana

I am trying to fetch timestamp data from mysql but its not working, can anyone please help me out of this. Thanks in Advance

At first I tried like this but not working: 

<?php

include 'database.php';

$sql=mysqli_query($con,"SELECT * FROM article where alias='how-to-do-math-equation'");

$row=mysqli_fetch_assoc($sql);

echo $row['update_time'];

?>

then i tried like this but also not working:

<?php

include 'database.php';

$sql=mysqli_query($con,"SELECT * FROM marathons where alias='standard-chartered-marathon-KL'");

$row=mysqli_fetch_assoc($sql);

$posted_at = ($row['update_time']);

echo $posted_at;

?>

I want to echo timestamp data like this :  2022-11-28 14:28:58

Take a look at a mysql manual and read up on the date_format function.  It will convert any datetime,date or time type column to a readable string format, which is what you want.

BTW - it is not recommended to use the * in query selections.  Always specify the column names that you want in order to avoid future confusion about what you are querying for and to make future maintenance less problematic.  Another personal foible is to define your query statement as a php variable and reference that instead of burying your query inside a statement.  That way you can easily echo it out while debugging your script.  Another thing to do is always check your query results to be sure you actually got something.  You should do the same for anything that will do something external to php such as file opens, connection opens, etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.