Problem with configuring Visual Studio Code again.

I don't remember how I did this last time. Should the 1st line point to php.exe and the 2nd line point to phpdbg.exe or both pointing to php.exe?

After i bought me a new laptop, VSC won't work because i have to re-configure it. Can you guys please tell me witch of the lines should include what?

I cant make it work no matter what. But before I move on I have to get these two lines right, be sure it's right. This is how it is now:

"php.validate.executablePath": "C:\\laragon\\bin\\php\\php-8.1.10-Win32-vs16-x64\\phpdbg.exe",

"php.debug.executablePath": "C:\\laragon\\bin\\php\\php-8.1.2-Win32-vs16-x64\\phpdbg.exe",

I have tried this too:

"php.validate.executablePath": "C:\\laragon\\bin\\php\\php-8.1.10-Win32-vs16-x64\\php.exe",

"php.debug.executablePath": "C:\\laragon\\bin\\php\\php-8.1.2-Win32-vs16-x64\\phpdbg.exe",

It kinda depends on how you set things up.  For example, you are referring to Laragon.  Did you use that to install PHP on your new computer?  If so, are you able to open up a command terminal, and type php -v and get the cli client?  If so, I don't think you need anything that you are currently trying to do, so you're making a mess.

Also I would recommend this:

• Install the intelephense plugin or the php tools plugin from devsense
  • Follow the instructions carefully to configure either one

This videos is the most complete coverage of setup of a PHP environment on windows i've seen.  He demonstrates and advocates for many extensions he finds useful for php web development and what he uses them for.

He also shows you how to use WSL integration as an alternative to local php on windows dependence, which has some advantages.  

• Thanks 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.