Problem with Wordpress template

NielsVee

I took over a couple of website from a former webdesigner who wanted to quit and now I am transitioning the websites from Joomla to Wordpress. She sent me all the templates that I should be able to import in WP. When I do import a theme, I break all of WP. I checked everything and it is indeed the theme. With WP recovery mode I was able to determine the specific file and lines that are causing the trouble. 

The file is functions.php and the problem is this piece of code:

function theme_get_option($name) {
    global $theme_default_options;
    $result = get_option($name);
    if ($result === false) {
        $result = theme_get_array_value($theme_default_options, $name);
    }
    return $result;
}

The bolded function is undefined and causes trouble. I tried to change it into array_values which WP should be able to read, but it didn't work.

I am hoping that one of you cool people could help me.

Thanks for your quick response. I tried to fix it, but it seems like it didn't work. I now found out about the debugging mode of Wordpress and it gave some guidance on where to look. I fixed the theme issues, but now I get a different error that makes me think my Wordpress install isn't good anymore. This is the current error:

[25-Mar-2023 21:28:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: call_user_func_array(): Argument #1 ($callback) must be a valid callback, function "theme_widget_process_control" not found or invalid function name in /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308
Stack trace:
#0 wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#1 wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#2 wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php(342): do_action('sidebar_admin_s...')
#3 wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): WP_Customize_Widgets->customize_controls_init('')
#4 wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#5 wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#6 wp-admin/customize.php(112): do_action('customize_contr...')
#7 {main}
  thrown in wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308

Which refers to this function:

public function apply_filters( $value, $args ) {
        if ( ! $this->callbacks ) {
            return $value;
        }

$nesting_level = $this->nesting_level++;

$this->iterations[ $nesting_level ] = array_keys( $this->callbacks );
        $num_args                           = count( $args );

do {
            $this->current_priority[ $nesting_level ] = current( $this->iterations[ $nesting_level ] );
            $priority                                 = $this->current_priority[ $nesting_level ];

foreach ( $this->callbacks[ $priority ] as $the_ ) {
                if ( ! $this->doing_action ) {
                    $args[0] = $value;
                }

// Avoid the array_slice() if possible.
                if ( 0 == $the_['accepted_args'] ) {
                    $value = call_user_func( $the_['function'] );
                } elseif ( $the_['accepted_args'] >= $num_args ) {
                    $value = call_user_func_array( $the_['function'], $args );
                } else {
                    $value = call_user_func_array( $the_['function'], array_slice( $args, 0, (int) $the_['accepted_args'] ) );
                }
            }
        } while ( false !== next( $this->iterations[ $nesting_level ] ) );

unset( $this->iterations[ $nesting_level ] );
        unset( $this->current_priority[ $nesting_level ] );

$this->nesting_level--;

return $value;
    }

The highlighted part is line 308. It seems fine to me, but I am in no way a PHP expert.

The previous webdesigner didn't change themes recently. She basically converted her Joomla theme to a Wordpress theme and set them to me. I already transitioned one of the websites without any trouble. But this one seems to be a bit different. She used the same template for all of the sites and changed the styling. 

Is it a child theme, perhaps? The error you're getting says the function `theme_widget_process_control` isn't found; that's not a function in the WP base code. Not actually sure where the `theme_get_array_value` error is that you pointed out in your first post as that doesn't appear in the error message you quoted later, but I don't recognize that as a WP core function either. Admittedly, it's been a bit since I've been deep into WP.