What is a PHP framework? How to understand what it is.

Bjornar

I haven't read or studied PHP for a while for various reasons, but now I'm back. Have read a bit about the PHP Framework. Can't quite figure out what this is. Therefore, I hope that you here can answer me. Have read a bit about Laravel, but can't find out where on Laravel.com I can download it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is a PHP framework a PHP editor that is web-based, or is it a  program so I can just upload it to my server? I need Information how to use it and understand what it is. I have misunderstood a lot of what I have read about it I am afraid.

image.png
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+php+framework

You build websites using code. A framework is a large amount of code whose job is to make sure you have to write less in order to do what you want. It does so by providing you easy ways to access a database, easy ways to build webpages, easy ways to support users and a login system, and so on so that you don't need to implement it yourself from the ground up.

You can download Laravel by going to Laravel.com, clicking the "GET STARTED" button, and reading the documentation it links to until you reach the point where it says how to create your first Laravel project. (You should continue reading the documentation after that point too, of course.)