SQL statement

cachobong

[!--quoteo(post=335816:date=Jan 12 2006, 05:16 AM:name=cachobong)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(cachobong @ Jan 12 2006, 05:16 AM) 335816[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Hi guys! can u help me with my SQL?

here's what i want to happen...

TMP_TABLE.remarks = TMP_TABLE.state plus TMP_TABLE.zip

that is for all fields..how do i do it with only 1 SQL statement?

With this lack of information, helping would be just like shooting in the dark...

What exactly are you trying to do? Insert new value, update, search? What are those values? Are you trying to add two intergers? or maybe doubles? Or trying to concat two strings?

Try to place yourself in our position and think if you could manage to help with that kind of question.

[!--quoteo(post=335818:date=Jan 12 2006, 06:29 PM:name=LazyJones)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LazyJones @ Jan 12 2006, 06:29 PM) 335818[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

With this lack of information, helping would be just like shooting in the dark...

What exactly are you trying to do? Insert new value, update, search? What are those values? Are you trying to add two intergers? or maybe doubles? Or trying to concat two strings?

Try to place yourself in our position and think if you could manage to help with that kind of question.

m sori for the lack of information

TMP_TABLE.state is varchar

TMP_TABLE.zip is also varchar

m trying to concat the 2 strings and put it into the TMP_TABLE.remarks of the same record.

m trying to update the record...

m sori agen for the lack of information...

thanks..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.