MYSQL Returning empty result sets!!!

willl

Hello,

I hope someone knows what this problem might be;

I have designed and built a website and tested the php/mysql code using phpdev which simulates an apache/mysql/php server using the localhost on my pc.

All the queries work perfectly, however I have just uploaded my site to the actual webserver and most of the queries are returning empty result sets!

It's like they are there because for instance; a while ($row = mysql_fetch_array.... does return the correct amount of rows! One while loop I have wrapped each result in a div and u can just see empty divs for the right amount of rows!!

Another example: I have a database of keywords, a while loop prints each keyword seperated by a comma - the right amount of commas are there!

This is an example of a code that is returning empty sets:

$query = "SELECT * from company_ins, company_log WHERE company_ins.ins_id = '$typeid' AND company_log.Id = company_ins.company_Id order by company_log.name"; 

$result = mysql_query($query, $conn);     

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, $conn)) { 

if ($row['type_featured'] != 'f') { 

?> 
<div class="linkbox"> 

<a href="<?php echo $row['link']; ?>" class="link" target="_blank"><strong><?php echo $row['name']; ?></strong></a> 

<p><?php echo $row['description']; ?></p> 

<p><a href="<?php echo $row['link']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $row['link2']; ?></a></p> 

</div> 
<?php 
    } 
} 
?>  

I just thought - do you think I need to be using an INNER JOIN select query here?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Will

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.