incrementation help

visuelz

my auto_increment keeps increasing from my old entry after i deleted it. It\'s like 1 then 2 then 3. Then i decide i want to delete 3. After i delete it and i remake it i get it as 4. I read somewhere that you can make it something like hit=hit+1 but im not sure how to do it on my table or page. can someone help me?

thanks a lot for the advice. hmmm say i want to display. this is match number 1 and the next data i enter i want to say this is match number 2 without affecting the number for match number 1. what can i do? i know what you just gave me could affect all the numbers.

Chance are your going thru a loop, just create your own variable. Start the variable a 1.

$matches = 1;

Substitute the following in your loop:

echo \'This is matche Number \' . $matches;

Then add inside your loop.

$matches++;

pretty much only I would start matches at 1 instead of 0, makes more sense to the non-programmers who will view the output.

I\'m not sure what score.length is but you would want the loop to repeat as many times as you had matches, your going through a loop anyway to echo out your DB results.

$matchnum = 1;

while ($myRow = mysql_fetch_array)) {

echo \"Match $matchnum -- $myRow[opponent] $myRow[ourscore] $myRow[thierscore]<BR>\";

$matchnum++;

}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.