Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tobeyt23

[SOLVED] Subquery

When i do the querys together the sum for total returns nothing however when i do them seperately they work fine, what am i doing wrong here:
[code]
SELECT zc.* FROM zip_code zc LEFT JOIN zip_holder zh ON zc.zip_code_id=zh.zip_code_id,
(SELECT SUM( zc1.quantity ) FROM zip_code zc1 LEFT JOIN zip_holder zh1 ON zc1.zip_code_id = zh1.zip_code_id WHERE zh1.cart_id='41a0efa279f4a129bb4064835b5a1fb9' GROUP BY zh1.cart_id) AS Total WHERE zh.cart_id='41a0efa279f4a129bb4064835b5a1fb9'[/code]

That is strange; but why don't you have this as a single query? Try the following (UNTESTED):

[code]SELECT zc.*, SUM( zc.quantity ) AS Total FROM zip_code zc LEFT JOIN zip_holder zh ON zc.zip_code_id = zh.zip_code_id WHERE zh.cart_id='41a0efa279f4a129bb4064835b5a1fb9'[/code]

Hope that helps.

I tried this but when you did it as one you need to GROUP BY which doesn't return what i need

I don't understand why -- you want the SUM() all of the matching rows with the given cartID. The GROUP BY is implicit. Please clarify.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.