Results sent to specific page

Hi..please be nice!

Im not too sure if this is the best method, but i want to walk before i sprint off into a brick wall.

I want to make a database table called 'events' consisting of descriptions of various events.

For example i have one field in the events table called 'sectorID' thats contains either 'shooting','fishing' or 'running'. Initally all the results are shown, ordered by date of activity, using the repeat region behavior. When the users clicks the subject it goes to a details page...however i want the details displayed in either results_shooting.php, results_fishing.php or results_running.php as they are designed to reflect each of the various events.

I am able to do the standard page containing the detail, but im unable to add some form of variable that will send the detail to the correct page...

...i hope that this makes some form of sence and that someone can help me

many thanks inadvance

Hi Im Pretty New Myself, But Basically you dont need three pages you just need one and then all you need to do is filter the results with a recordset and URL Parameter..

So you`ll Just have a results page that shows just one secter based upon the link or form the user submits...

Example link

results.php?sectorID=shooting

Paul.

[!--quoteo(post=340695:date=Jan 28 2006, 10:25 PM:name=mysq_hell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mysq_hell @ Jan 28 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]340695[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi Im Pretty New Myself, But Basically you dont need three pages you just need one and then all you need to do is filter the results with a recordset and URL Parameter..

So you`ll Just have a results page that shows just one secter based upon the link or form the user submits...

Example link

results.php?sectorID=shooting

Paul.
[/quote]

Thanks Paul

I understand what you are saying, however its not really what i want...to clarify the structure of the site a little. I have 3 differant pages that pull down all the events within that section (displaying a brief overview), when clicked, itll go to a detail page within that page...this is realitively easy as each of the section buttons point to a specfic page i.e shooting.php etc etc....(shooting.php has images, colour schemes etc that refer to 'shooting')

What i am stuck on is that if i have 3 random events on the main page that are featured, how can i point them to a specifc section page without the users adding the url to the database? How can i script it that the link not only captures the eventID but also the sectorID, this sectorID will then, somehow, form the correct URL?

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.