• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robphp

robphp
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:31 AM

Has anyone successfully been able to use the database recordsets with a Godaddy account?

I can't seem to connect to the server for the MySQL, so I never get a chance to use the recordsets.

Anyone run into this?? I get an 403 forbidden.

Are there any other web hosts out there where it's easy to connect to with dreamweaver?

Thanks,
Robert

#2 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:15 PM

The problem is that any database you find on the web is almost always going to be closed to outside contact, making it so that you can only affect it if you are on the same local server. You can find some remote MySQL hosts, but it's hard to do, and it'll take some searching.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#3 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:22 PM

The problem is that any database you find on the web is almost always going to be closed to outside contact, making it so that you can only affect it if you are on the same local server. You can find some remote MySQL hosts, but it's hard to do, and it'll take some searching.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#4 khan kaka

khan kaka
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

[!--quoteo(post=340770:date=Jan 28 2006, 10:31 PM:name=Robertphp)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Robertphp @ Jan 28 2006, 10:31 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Has anyone successfully been able to use the database recordsets with a Godaddy account?

I can't seem to connect to the server for the MySQL, so I never get a chance to use the recordsets.

Anyone run into this?? I get an 403 forbidden.

Are there any other web hosts out there where it's easy to connect to with dreamweaver?

Thanks,
Robert
[/quote]

you can ask your hosting company to allow your ip to be connected to mysql database with dream weaver.

that is the only you can get connected. and you have to have a static ip address.

khan kaka

#5 Boerboel649

Boerboel649
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

If you have cPanel (which I think GoDaddy has their on Control Panel) then you can add IP's to the allowed list yourself. I was considering godaddy at one time, but didn't go with them because they didn't use cPanel. cPanel is pretty nice.
Although I do use GoDaddy for my domain name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users