Help With Website

igi_smalls

I am creating a website and I need the users to type in a special code, but each user will have a different code. I would like to know how can I make it, in php, that when the users type in the code, it takes them to their unique website. each user will have a different code and a different website that they will be pointed to when their code is entered.

How can this be done ? Please help. Needed Quikly!!

[b]Mod Edit(shoz): Topic edited. Don't describe your problem as urgent etc. [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?act=boardrules\" target=\"_blank\"]Board Guidelines[/a][/b]

I'm sure your table will be more complex, but that's the general idea. You have to be sure that your code is unique across all users -- there are many ways to do this, but usually some combination of random and user info works well. Of course, you can always check your "new" code against the existing ones, and make sure it's not there; alternatively, put a UNIQUE index on this column and check for errors.

Hmm.. interesting, i dont know what you guys are talking about lol I am what you would call an XNoob (Extreme Newbie). Is there anyway else to do this and if the code is short, can someone write it for me PLEASE?

This is basically it :

[ TEXT BOX ] [ go ]

Inside the text box the user would type in their code, how do I make it so that each code sends the user to a different site? is there any way to do this in plain old html but without the codes being seen in the source code ??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.