#1 Bee

Bee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:46 AM

Hi,

I used to have MYSQL v3.23 installed and it used to work fine with my php. I then updated to a new version MYSQL 5.0 and PHP 5.1.2; however, php pages don't connect to MYSQL server anymore.

I am using IIS and windows xp professional!

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Bee

#2 wickning1

wickning1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:37 AM

MySQL 5.0 uses a new PASSWORD() function to encode its user passwords. If you can get any access at all, try:

SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost=OLD_PASSWORD("yourPW")

Replace root@localhost with your username and remote host.

#3 Bee

Bee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:30 AM

[!--quoteo(post=344311:date=Feb 9 2006, 10:37 PM:name=wickning1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wickning1 @ Feb 9 2006, 10:37 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
MySQL 5.0 uses a new PASSWORD() function to encode its user passwords. If you can get any access at all, try:

SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost=OLD_PASSWORD("yourPW")

Replace root@localhost with your username and remote host.
[/quote]

I don't know what's my username. During installation it only asked me for the root password to set. Can I just use 'root' as a username?

Should I write this command whenever I want to connect to the database?

Thanks
Bee

#4 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

wickning1 is referring to upgrading the privileges table, which is discussed [a href=\"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-fix-privilege-tables.html\" target=\"_blank\"]here[/a]. You should also probably read the [a href=\"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.html\" target=\"_blank\"]upgrade refman page[/a], as there are many, many incompatible changes.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users