ERROR #1047 no answers anywhere?

gostly

Ok so this is what i did, i logged into my linux server through ssh...and i used this command "safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables &" so that it'll put aside all privileges...and i use phpmyadmin to look at privileges of databases...so i select the user for the database im wanting to change the host for...because what i am trying to do is set it so that it isnt "localhost" anymore and instead it'll be a set IP address...so i try to continue and i get "ERROR 1047 - Unknown command"...this is when phpmyadmin attempts to use the GRANT command...so i really dont understand why it says unknown command...

So i searched everywhere and this problem seems to happen to people often and it's like no one has the answer to how to fix it...so im hoping that asking here someone will know and be able to help me out...please

[!--quoteo(post=345410:date=Feb 13 2006, 12:13 PM:name=fenway)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(fenway @ Feb 13 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]345410[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Have you tried "FLUSH PRIVILEGES"?
[/quote]

what exactly happens when you flush privileges, i read about it, i think so anyways, but kind of afraid to use it...since i dont want to mess anything up because i have several databases but i only want to change the grant options on one...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.