3 replies to this topic

#1 slipperyfish

slipperyfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

hey every1, has any1 got a decent tutorial for me on how to edit records, like replace a field with a new value.

EG.

A user changing their password.

cheers. Adam

#2 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:11 AM

It's not hard, per se, simply issuing an update call -- what type of tutorial are you looking for?
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#3 slipperyfish

slipperyfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:17 PM

Well, iv created a membership script. And i would likee to add a form for a user to change their email address. I want to learn how to replace one field with a new value, submitted by the user. Or just a general statement name for me to be able to google it and find out more..

#4 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

I can't think of a tutorial off-hand... basically, you make an HTML form, populate it with their current e-mail, give them an input field for their new e-mail, and then they POST the form to a PHP script. This PHP script checks the value of $_POST['newEmailAddress'] (or whatever you called the field), and runs a DB UPDATE statement for the user record with the uid defined by the current session / logged in user. Viola -- you're done -- and then you can send them back to a confirmation page with a redirect.

Does that make sense?
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users