Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slipperyfish

Editting Records

hey every1, has any1 got a decent tutorial for me on how to edit records, like replace a field with a new value.

EG.

A user changing their password.

cheers. Adam

It's not hard, per se, simply issuing an update call -- what type of tutorial are you looking for?

Well, iv created a membership script. And i would likee to add a form for a user to change their email address. I want to learn how to replace one field with a new value, submitted by the user. Or just a general statement name for me to be able to google it and find out more..

I can't think of a tutorial off-hand... basically, you make an HTML form, populate it with their current e-mail, give them an input field for their new e-mail, and then they POST the form to a PHP script. This PHP script checks the value of $_POST['newEmailAddress'] (or whatever you called the field), and runs a DB UPDATE statement for the user record with the uid defined by the current session / logged in user. Viola -- you're done -- and then you can send them back to a confirmation page with a redirect.

Does that make sense?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.