ads interfere with topics.

Efwis

I see you are using the AD mod for the forums, I use it on mine also, however their is a reason I don't put them in the posts.

The ads have a tendency to put themselves over the discussion resulting in the inability to read the entire discussion. wouldn't having the ad placement at the top and bottom of the topics be sufficient? I have included a screenshot of what I am saying so you can see what i mean.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

We are not using the Ad Management Mod to do this.  It is a hack and it will not be changed.  We can use clear:both in the style sheet to get around code blocks, but tables like the one you setup won't clear the ad. 

As you can see here: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,117929.0.html

The ad blocks are fixed. Ober and I added a width to the CSS style that eric had put in, and it wrapped everything to that width, including tables. This should address a majority of the issues concerning the ads covering text.

[quote author=ober link=topic=122593.msg506021#msg506021 date=1168956981]
We are not using the Ad Management Mod to do this.  It is a hack and it will not be changed.  We can use clear:both in the style sheet to get around code blocks, but tables like the one you setup won't clear the ad. 
[/quote]
I didn't set up that table. that is someone else's post. If you are truly interested in helping people then you might want to rethink the ad sizes since this is a hack. as it really does interefere with the abilitiy for someone else that is looking for a similar answer. especially if they can't see all the info to verify if their problem is the same as shown.
Personally I don't care if you don't want to remove it, I was merely making a suggestion to help the members and guests be able to utilize the info that is on the forums a little better.

[quote]The ad blocks are fixed. Ober and I added a width to the CSS style that eric had put in, and it wrapped everything to that width, including tables. This should address a majority of the issues concerning the ads covering text.[/quote]
was this before or after I made the suggestion? I clicked on the link you provided, using FF2.0.0.1 and the post is the same as the image I posted in my original post on this topic.

He is right, little to no people donate so you can't complain when something is done to make money better.

I am going to donate as much as I can as soon as I get financially well and in my own place.

But a DEDICATED server, in exchange for some ads, that really never get in the way anyway (I would know my post count is double yours, and I never had a problem, neither do many other people)

If you want a fix to your table, then put a huge chunk of space like this at the top of each post that has a table

Then have your table right here, problem solved and the table will always be below the ad, or just take a photo of it, and include it as an attachment, either way 2 extra seconds of work, for otherwise free help.  Not a bad tradeoff.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.