From Access to MySQL

jornamon

Hi,

I have a database in MS Access. I\'m plannig to migrate to mysql (and php for forms and repots). I used access at first time, but now the database is getting bigger, and I am already using an apache+php+mysql server for the TUTOS Team organization software and I want to serve both the TUTOS database and the marketing database from the same server.

Can anybody give my a clue on how can I achieve this without much pain ?

The important thing is the data. The structure isn\'t so much because I\'m thinking about changing it.

Tools, links, tutorials, webs, advice,... everything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge

here is a pretty good link

http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin2.php...hp?ContentID=15

if you want to save the data but change the structure at some point your going to need some software that is customized to both the specific structure of your current and future structure. This isn\'t really a difficult task if you have some programming experience with PHP. PHP has a specific interface with obdc that can be use to get the data a seperate mysql interface to create and store the data in any changed form you want. If your in a hurry and don\'t have the PHP experience then shoot me an email and I can give you was information I need to write the code.

mmabe@hot.rr.com

I think I could manage with that link. Moreover, during the time between out posts I\'ve found some more converting tools here http://www.mysql.com/portal/software/conve...tors/index.html

I think I should success with at least one :D .

About the changes in the structure I hope they aren\'t going to be very hard, because the database is now going to be used for a narrower scope, and basically I only need to drop some tables. I think I\'m going to do this with Access and the use a migration tool to create the new db.

Thank you very muc for your help and for your offer. I really appreciate it.

Jorge

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.