cant run the password utility file in my apache install directory

mojito

I try to create a password file for basic authentication, and apache tells me I can run the password utility file in bin directory. But the window closes almost immediately. I try to run command from windows cmd but it doesnt recognise the command.
Would appreciate a prod in the right direction.
thanks

???

You need to run it via the command promt. before you do that you need to change to Apache's bin directory, from example when you go to Start > Run > type cmd

You will get the windows command line and by default you are in your work area C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAMEHERE in order to change directories you need to type [b]cd[/b] and then the path to the folder you want to go, example:
[tt]cd C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin[/tt]

Now press enter. You will now notice that C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAMEHERE and has changed to C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin

You can now run the password program via command line.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.