Security concerns

ReVeR

Hello.
How can i make my program (php +mysql dbes) more secure from diffrent ways of manipulation by somethign like sql injections and so on. Basically i want to make all the forsm (ex user registration) and other to be as secure as possible.
Any ideas are welcome.
Thx

You can read all the articles you want, but it all comes down to making sure that everything is properly quoted (field values, basically). This prevents a semi-colon from starting a new query. Both PHP and Perl make it trivial to do this, and everyone should.

Other than the above, the usual safeguards apply -- make sure the server is locked down, don't be stupid about root passwords (or root access for that matter), etc. Any *nix sysadmin can help you with these, or your hosting company should take care of it for you.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.